Colours Of Life
The Yongs' Pic Album since 1998
World Seva 2011
Robyn's Diary
About the Yongs


Robyn's Diary
Seva 2011
Wk 1 (7-13 Mar)
Wk 2 (14-20 Mar)
Wk 3 (21-27 Mar)
Wk 4 (28 Mar - 3 Apr)
Wk 5 (4-10 Apr)
Wk 6 (11-17 Apr)
Wk 7 (18-24 Apr)
Wk 8 (25 Apr - 1 May)
Wk 9 (2-8 May)
Wk 10 (9-15 May)
Wk 11 (16-22 May)
Wk 12 (23-29 May)
Wk 13 (30 May - 5 Jun)
Wk 14 (6-12 Jun)
Wk 15 (13-19 Jun)
Wk 16 (20-26 Jun)
Wk 17 (27 Jun - 3 Jul)
Wk 18 (4-10 Jul)
Wk 19 (11-17 Jul)
Wk 20 (18-24 Jul)
Wk 21 (25-31 Jul)
Wk 22 (1-7 Aug)
Wk 23 (8-14 Aug)
Wk 24 (15-21 Aug)
Wk 25 (22-28 Aug)
Wk 26 (29 Aug - 4 Sep)
Wk 27 (5-11 Sep)
Wk 28 (12-18 Sep)
Wk 29 (19-25 Sep)
Wk 30 (26 Sep - 2 Oct)
Wk 31 (3-9 Oct)
Wk 32 (10-16 Oct)
Wk 33 (17-23 Oct)
Wk 34 (24-30 Oct)
Wk 35 (31 Oct - 6 Nov)
Wk 36 ( 7-13 Nov)
Wk 37 (14-20 Nov)
Wk 38 (21-27 Nov)
Wk 39 (28 Nov - 4 Dec)


Hai-hai! My Yes course has finished and we need to move out of the Nandi block. First things first, in the afternoon, dad and me went to buy sports equipment for the sports club with Yogendra while mum stayed back. Along the way, I bought Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince. We went to the sports shop and bargained. We met a person who lived in the USA but was from India, Karnathaka. We were with the DKP and the person had a group of people with him who are all from Karnathaka and lives in the USA. Dad talked to him for a while and then we bought the sports equipment and headed back. We discovered that we didn't have anywhere to stay and mum found some places but we weren't sure. So, we asked Ragini,uncle Yezdi's secretary, but found out that it was very hard to contact her. When we finally talked to her, we found out that there was a Sri Aurobindo ashram in the city near the DKP office. But this is not an AOL ashram. We moved in late at night and Zzzzz....

We walked to the AOL office this morning, it was really nearby! First, we went to the AOL office, dad and mum talked with some people while I played on the computer with Sammi. ( Sammi is her nickname, her real name is Samhita.) Sammi is aunty Ragini's niece. We attended a women self-help group meeting and saw Rukmani, an AOL teacher and volunteer, and Dr. Hema, a volunteer, teaching a group of women about meditation and the importance of saving money. I hope the group had a good experience.

We stayed in the Sri Aurobindo ashram until lunch. We went to Bonfood, the restaurant opposite, and ate Parantha (pranta) for lunch. It was egg parantha, but I think there was more tomato than egg in it. I also had chicken soup. Mmm... Yummy! Let's eat here again! (^.^) After lunch, we went to the DKP office to attend a meeting. We went to 2 computer classes and a tailoring centre. We met uncle Nagaraj, the head of the DKP. He is able to talk for hours until the people are convinced. Uncle Nagaraj is a good business man, kind too! (^.^) He took us to South Thindis and we had a good dinner there. We drank a 100% sweet drink called Kokum! It was so sweet that mum had to add water to it. It was so sweet that if hell drank it, Hell would become so sweet that it will turn into Heaven. It was so sweet that if a driver drank it while driving, he would have an accident, but still float to Heaven even if he did bad things. Anyway, after the good dinner, we went back to the ashram for a good night sleep. Goooood Niiight! Cheers for Kokum! (^.^)

After we ate breakfast, we went to a tailouring centre and I taught Yogendra how to play Frisbee! He is very good at catching! (^.^) Then, we ate tomato ketchup, tomato and lot of salt with bread for lunch. We went to an Indian temple with uncle Pathik and it was nice! Bye!

Hai-hai! Good morning! Today, mum and me stayed at the ashram and dad went for a full body oily massage. We went to Bon Food and had a great lunch! (^.^) The massage was 1 hour and 30 mins! Woah! SO long! When dad came back, he was very excited to tell us the experience. He had to wash twice or trice to get the oil off! Then, we went to Prasidhi Food corner and ate a wonderful dinner. I love the cheese sandwich.

We had a wonderful lunch at Pai restaurant with Mr Yezdi, his grandson, his daughter, aunty Ragini, uncle Pathik and aunty Tithi. I can now declare that I love India's fried noodles! (^.^)

Today we went to Chikkamangalore! The journey took 18 hours! Wow! But we stopped by quite a few places for sight-seeing. When it was really late at night and we haven't reached Chikkamangalore, mum and dad kept force-feeding the driver with sweets because they were worried that the driver may fall asleep! (>o<) We finally reached the hotel at 11.30pm and fell asleep.


Next > Week 4


back to top